Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Goodness of Fit

At church last week, the pastor gave a sermon about reality. One of the verses he pointed out stood out to me:

"Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
'This is the way, walk in it,'
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left."

- Isiah30:22, NKJ

Sometimes life throws you choices, and you don't know whether to turn left or right. Law school was one of those turns for me. There was a time that I thought God wanted me to go to law school. Maybe there was a reason why I was there even though I did not end up becoming a lawyer. After all, if I had not gone, I wouldn't have a book!

A few weeks before I withdrew from law school, my Sabbath school group leader presented us this quote by Arthur Miller, author of The Crucible:

"It is wrong, it is sin, to accept or remain
in a position that you know is a mismatch
for you. Perhaps that's a form of sin you've never even
considered--the sin of staying in the wrong job.
But God did not place you on this earth
to waste away your years in labor
that does not employ his design or purpose
for your life, no matter how much
you may be getting paid for it."

- Arthur Miller

Occasionally I revisit the quote, and it has always been helpful when I consider redirecting my path. We all have abundant possibilities. Sometimes they are just a turn away.

Namaste,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment