Friday, September 20, 2013
Check out this article on law school reform: ABA panel calls for overhaul of law school education | Inside Higher Ed
Also, if you haven't already, claim your Top Ten Career Tips and find your free bonus, a recording of my exclusive interview with Deborah Schneider, author of Should You Really Be a Lawyer?
Have a wonderful day,
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
I'm proud to announce that my Virtual Book Tour will conclude with an exclusive interview with Deborah Schneider, author of Should You Really Be a Lawyer: The Guide to Smart Career Choices Before, During and After Law School. To find out more about the book, please go to http://www.shouldyoureally.com/
The conference call will take place on Sunday, Sept. 8th at 3 p.m. PST.
Conference dial-in number: (805) 399-1000.
Participant access code: 471729
The interview will be recorded, so be sure to Follow my blog at www.GinaAkao.com to receive a link to the recording.
Share the link with all of your legal beagle friends!
Also, check out the most recent book endorsement I received from attorney, Rick Hsu:
If you haven't already, pick up a copy of my eBook, Tales of a Law School Dropout for only $9.99!
Have a great day,
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
When I was in law school, I often wondered why law is taught the way it is instead of incorporating an apprentice-style of teaching that was common before Harvard Law School and other traditional law schools switched the focus from the practice of law to the theory of law.
To read an interesting article about the way law is taught, please go to this link: New book emphasizes role of pedagogy in law schools | Inside Higher Ed
Also, if you haven't already done so, please check out my new business website, www.WritingandEditingToday.com and enter your email to receive your Top Ten Career Tips.
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm donating my hair to Locks of Love! Many thanks to Emily Avila for giving me such a great haircut! For more information about donating your hair, please go to www.locksoflove.org. Don't forget to subscribe to my author blog, www.GinaAkao.com to receive your free gift!
Here is the before picture:
Here are the after pictures:
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Check out the link to my Toastmasters speech about My Author Hub!
Here are a few key points from my speech:
- If you have a passion, talent, business, or book to promote, a blog is an affordable and easy way to get the word out to your audience.
- You can create a blog in a few hours for free on Google Blogger or www.WordPress.com.
- If you would like to create a personal brand, you can buy a domain name for your blog. Domains cost anywhere from about $10 on www.GoDaddy.com or you can buy one directly on WordPress.com for $18 per year. The domain is integrated with your WordPress site, and goes live within as little as a few hours.
- Link your blog to social media. This connects you with friends who can help you share your ideas and connect you to future clients.
- Encourage people to subscribe to your blog by offering a free gift.
- If you're not tech savvy, you can enlist the help of a virtual assistant to set up your blog for you. If you would like me to help you, please contact me here.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
You can find my book by going to Amazon.com and typing in "Gina Akao," or you can go directly to the link here:
You don't have to own a Kindle to read the e-book. Just download the Kindle for PC for free here:
If you have a smart phone, you can also download the free Kindle app and read the book that way.
If you have ever contemplated becoming a lawyer or have ever tried a career path that didn't quite fit, this is the book for you.
I would love to hear your feedback. Please feel free to message me on facebook, LinkedIn, or YouTube.
Sunday, January 6, 2013
I hope you are having a fabulous new year so far! My book, "Tales of a Law School Dropout," is in its final stages of editing and will be available on Amazon Kindle soon.
I have been sending my book out for some early book reviews/blurbs for the back of the book, etc. Here is a sneak preview below!
Like a lot of law students, Gina Akao didn’t do nearly enough research before deciding to go to law school. But unlike a lot of law students, Gina did make the honest and courageous decision to leave law school when she become convinced that becoming a lawyer wasn’t a path that would lead to career happiness. By chronicling in detail her journey into, and out of, law school, Gina’s story reinforces the critical career advice, first uttered by Socrates, that anyone in or considering law school should take to heart: “Know Thyself.”
– Deborah Schneider, Esq, co-author of Should You Really Be A Lawyer? The Guide to Smart Career Choices Before, During and After Law School.
Happy New Year!